At Love's Bidding by Regina Jennings

     A cute book about how Miranda Wimplegate goes to the Ozarks with her grandfather to track down a painting that should not have been sold.   The circumstances they find themselves in there are very different than they are used to as the town if very rural and they are used to Boston.  They also find themselves dealing in livestock instead of the antiques that they are used to dealing with.  While they continue on their mission to find the missing item, they must rely on the help of the manager, Wyatt Ballentine to keep the business running.
     I liked the interactions between the characters and how they had to handle being in an unfamiliar situation.  I know I would probably feel like a fish out of water if I had to go from the city of Boston to the Missouri Ozarks during this time and would have no idea how to get myself out of what they found themselves in charge of.
    I would recommend this to anyone who would like a lighthearted read.
    I received a copy of this from the publisher to review.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sincerely Yours by Jane Kirkpatrick, Ann Shorey, Laurie Alice Eakes, Amanda Cabot

When Tides Turn by Sarah Sundin

Captivated by the Cowgirl by Jody Hedlund