Undaunted Hope by Jody Hedlund

     I love lighthouses and their histories and that is what first attracted me to the Beacon of Hope series.  The great stories and how they are told are what has kept me reading them.  Having traveled to and climbed many lighthouse, I can get a feel for some of the things that the characters are going through.
     Tessa has come to Eagle Harbor hoping to teach and escape her past.  When she gets there, she finds out that all is not as expected, but gets to keep the joy anyway.  She works hard to try to keep the job beyond the grace period.  While in Eagle Harbor, she catches the eye of Alex, the assistant  light keeper as well as his brother Michael.  She feels drawn to them both, as well as Michael's children and must rely on God and trust to make the best decision.  She also must deal with the fact that someone is after her along with everything else.
     I liked the suspense in the book along with the descriptions and historical significance.  I also like the ongoing story of one of the earlier light house keepers.  I would recommend this book as well as the others in the series.  You do no have to had read the others to enjoy this one though.
    I received a copy from the author to read for review.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sincerely Yours by Jane Kirkpatrick, Ann Shorey, Laurie Alice Eakes, Amanda Cabot

When Tides Turn by Sarah Sundin

Captivated by the Cowgirl by Jody Hedlund