The Road to Paradise by Karen Barnett

     As an enjoyer of national parks, I was excited to see this book.  It gives you a feel of what Mount Rainer park was like as the park was getting started and some of the things that had to be work out with our national park system.  I think I would have liked to have been Margie and had the chance to work at Mount Rainer.  The story also has the point of view of one of the rangers, Ford Brayden.  He is still working out how to best do his job and working with Margie is not one of the things on his list.   They both love the simplicity and beauty of the parks though and will do all they can to preserve it.  I also loved the cover of the book as it reminded me of postcards that I had purchased at some of national parks.
     More from the author
     I received my book from blogging for books, the review is entirely my own.



The Road to Paradise: A Vintage National Parks Novel by [Barnett, Karen]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sincerely Yours by Jane Kirkpatrick, Ann Shorey, Laurie Alice Eakes, Amanda Cabot

When Tides Turn by Sarah Sundin

Captivated by the Cowgirl by Jody Hedlund