For the Record by Regina Jennings

     I love stories set in the past especially when they show a woman achieving her dreams that are not the norm of the day.  Betsy loves writing for her uncle's newspaper and expands her dreams by writing a serial for the ladies' pages.  I like how this book gives me a taste of history while peaking my interest with a good mystery.  I liked seeing how Betsy and Joel, the new lawman in town, interacted.  He really had his hands full with her as she does not at like most women of the day.
     This is a great read and a great continuation of the Ozark Mountain Romance Series.  It was great catching up with some of the characters from previous books ,but it can stand alone.
     I received a review copy from the publisher, but the review is my own.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sincerely Yours by Jane Kirkpatrick, Ann Shorey, Laurie Alice Eakes, Amanda Cabot

When Tides Turn by Sarah Sundin

Captivated by the Cowgirl by Jody Hedlund