The Magnolia Duchess by Beth White

   The Magnolia Duchess is the third book in the Gulf Coast Series and all have been great.  I was drawn to this series and this book because they are set in the Gulf Coast and I am familiar with the area. It is always nice to try to draw from knowledge and try to see the scenes in my head.
     Fiona's family is very familiar with the sea as they are shipbuilders and her brother has been forced into the British Navy.  During this time she meets up with Charlie who was involved in a shipwreck near her home.  While taking care of him, the soon begin to care for each other, but as Charlie's memory returns, they soon find obstacles to this new found romance.
     I liked seeing how the culture plays out and how the goings on were during this time.  I really enjoy historical fiction because it gives me a taste of how things were.
     I received a copy of the book to read and review and would highly recommend it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Spark of Love by Amanda Cabot

Sincerely Yours by Jane Kirkpatrick, Ann Shorey, Laurie Alice Eakes, Amanda Cabot

Captivated by the Cowgirl by Jody Hedlund