A Thousand Shall Fall by Andrea Boeshaar

     I have read many books by this author and have enjoyed each one.  This one was no exception.  I enjoy the opportunity to read books set in historical time periods where I can learn what life was like during that time, but still have a good story to read as well.  I seem to be able to better grasp what I am learning when it is placed in that setting.
     This book takes place during the Civil War.  It takes place in the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia.  Having been to this area, I was able visualize the main character, Carrie Ann as she traveled along looking for her sister.
    I really enjoyed seeing how the story progressed between Carrie Ann and Colonel Collier.  While they had their differences, including her being a Southern girl and him a Union officer, they were still able to accomplish their goals.  Carrie Ann soon finds herself torn between her loyalties and has hard decisions to make.
     I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a good story especially one that has a historical background.  I received a copy of this book from LitFuse to review.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sincerely Yours by Jane Kirkpatrick, Ann Shorey, Laurie Alice Eakes, Amanda Cabot

When Tides Turn by Sarah Sundin

Captivated by the Cowgirl by Jody Hedlund