Room for Hope by Kim Vogel Sawyer


      Room for Hope takes place during the Depression.  Neva is doing the best she can to keep her family's store doing well during this time of economic struggle.  She feels like she is doing her best to keep things going and to care for their children as her husband travels around selling goods from their store.  An unexpected surprise awaits her when an deputy pulls up bringing her three children. She must find it in her heart to take them and not hold their past against them.
     I could not imagine myself in Neva's shoes. It would be hard enough keeping their store open and caring for their two children during this time, but to find out that he had strayed when he was traveling would be more than I could take.  It would take great courage and endurance to take on the task, but I would hope I would do the same thing if I were in her shoes.
   
"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sincerely Yours by Jane Kirkpatrick, Ann Shorey, Laurie Alice Eakes, Amanda Cabot

When Tides Turn by Sarah Sundin

Captivated by the Cowgirl by Jody Hedlund