With You Always by Jody Hedlund

     This looks like the start to an interesting series.   I always find it interesting to learn about things from the past in the context of a story. It gives me knowledge of how things were without seeming like a history lesson.  I knew some about this time period, but enjoyed learning more.
    I liked how Elise took the initiative to step out and do what needed to be done to help out her family even if it meant leaving them.  She had the courage needed to do this and relied on faith to help her out.  Thornton was an interesting character as he set out with a motive in mind and soon found himself doing things for different reasons.  I liked how he grew as a person.  I look forward to more in this series.
     I received a copy of the book from the author, the review is entirely my own.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sincerely Yours by Jane Kirkpatrick, Ann Shorey, Laurie Alice Eakes, Amanda Cabot

When Tides Turn by Sarah Sundin

Captivated by the Cowgirl by Jody Hedlund